Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2005 e320 auto estate. Although I can locate drive

Customer Question

I have a 2005 e320 auto estate. Although I can locate drive and neutral, I can't locate or engage reverse or park and subsequently can't remove the key. A warning error sbc comes up any ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.

Hi .

This is a brake warning light for the SBC system if the brakes are working just fine then

Most likely just a bad brake light switch .

This brake switch also activates the shift solenoid to release the shifter so you can select R and P .

First check the fuses.

Best to be safe is to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for SBC codes .

Brake switch is located on the top half of the foot brake pedal .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg