Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 2013 e220 estate and need to replace the auxiliary

I have a 2013 e220 estate and need to replace the auxiliary battery but cannot find it. I have searched the internet without success?

Hi, my name is***** you post your vin number I can look up the location of the auxiliary battery for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Marty. Its KP13 YAV

That does not look like the last 8 of the vehicle identification number. It is usually a couple of letters followed by 6 numbers.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Marty,I am at work so not able to deal with the Aux Battery today and in all probability Saturday - not helpful but that's life. Let me have the location of the battery and if I have a problem I can try call you at that point or mail.

No problem, but I need the vin number in order to look up the correct location for your car. The vin number is ***** digits long.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I will need to do that tonight.

Sounds good

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Marty, my VIN is:
WDD2122022A781673
ALAN

Hi Alan, sorry for the wait. The auxiliary battery is in the rear of the vehicle. The part number is ***** 982 93 08 or 000 982 96 08. The two numbers are interchangeable. I've attached instructions below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Marty I will take a look and let you know how I fet on. Would I need to disconnect the negative lead from the main battery before replacing?

No, just disconnect the negative from the auxiliary battery first and connect it last.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Marty, thank you. It was very well camouflaged in the area you indicated. A very straight forward job that cost me £100 instead of very much more from Mercedez. I love my car and always service through them, but parts and stuff! Thanks again Alan

You're quite welcome, Alan.