Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a E Class 200 cdi 2013. When the eco Spot / Start

Customer Question

I have a E Class 200 cdi 2013.
When the eco Spot / Start activates and I put my foot on the accelerator the car cuts out for a second and screen radio screen goes blank. The car seems to be in 5th gear and starts sluggishly until it drops to second gear, this all takes about three seconds. I get an Auxiliary Battery Malfunction warning. I have recently changed the Auxiliary and it is still happening. Any Ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The wiring for the auxiliary battery needs checked to see if there are any corrosion or connection issues at or leading from it.If any wiring issues are found or battery cable issues found this will need to be resolved to correct this fault here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete