Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

The instrument cluster on my merc clkis dead. I’ve tried the

The instrument cluster on my merc clk(###) ###-####is dead. I’ve tried the fuse and it’s ok. Any ideas dave

Hi Dave, my name is***** removing fuse #42 in the interior fuse box for 30 minutes then reinsert the fuse and see if the cluster resets.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Marty.
I will give it a try with the fuse. Thanks Dave
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Marty
I left the fuse out for 30 mins and when I put it back in there was a blueish glow on the centre of the speedometer. But it still didn't come on. Have you got anything else I can try? Dave

It doesn't sound good, Dave. I think the cluster will need to be replaced. Try leaving the fuse out longer, perhaps for a few hours or overnight, then see what happens. If you have no success you would want to make sure that you have 12V and a good ground to the cluster. If you have good power and good ground you will need to replace the cluster.