Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Sprinter 2008 diesel in limp mode: odbII scanner codes

Customer Question

Sprinter 2008 diesel in limp mode:
odbII scanner codes p0657.p0652
Icarsoft MBII scanner:
- 51C1 "CAN signal 'Actual gear' invalid . in the ESP
- 51A5 "CAN signal 'accelerator pedal value' invalid". in the ESP
- 9301 "Component M16/8 (blending air flap actuator motor) is blocked or has reversed polarity or has Open circuit", in the KLA
- 9028 "The CAN message from control module A1 (Instrument cluster) is invalid or implausible". in the PTC
- 9021 "CAN signal failure". in the PTC
- 2843-0000 and 2306-000, in the CDI$ 6 cylinder
- 0657 "the voltage supply of the valves is faulty. in the EGS
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This happened right after the flex part of the exhaustpipe broke. Exhaust pipe repaired.
Wire harness from transmission and other wires in the are do not have any signs of damage or overheating.
This is a USA sprinter, not sure how I end up in UK??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
EWM, shifter assembly voltage on terminal 15 =11.7 volt seems a bit low?
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you clear out all of the codes do any of them come back right away or soon after running the vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Those are all the codes that come back. Sprinter is in permanent limp mode= 2nd gear.
ESP and low oil light on dashboard, but oil level is good.
Are you familiar with Sprinter can bus?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The exhaust pipe broke at the downpipe after the catalityc converter at the flex join.....it may be related or just bad luck coincidence.
I have an Icarsoft MBII with me to give you any data you want

O.k., some of the codes are not coming up for me here on this.I wanted to see if only some came back that I could help narrow down the fault with.

Unfortunately, this is all of the info I have on this myself here.Others here may be able to help further on this with the information you need.I will opt out and open your question up to everyone else here to see if they can help with this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks, Pete