Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a problem with my Audio i have sound but no control

Customer Question

I have a problem with my Audio i have sound but no control over the radio and main screen has no picture
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This sounds like the common fault of the control head/control in the dash itself.It can fail internally to where no display comes up with it needing to be replaced.What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete