Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

What does a spanner 444 mean?

Customer Question

What does a spanner 444 mean?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

that sounds like it may be the 'service requierd' warning

to reset it :

Switch ignition on and immediately press knob to left of speedometer twice within 4 seconds.
Present status for days or distance is now displayed. Within 10 seconds, turn key in steering wheel lock to position 0.
Press and hold button to the left of speedometer, while turning key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for days or distance is displayed again. Continue to hold button until you hear a signal (approximately 10 seconds).
Release button.
Service interval displays the reset interval.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies

Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does not work.which knobs are you talking about
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have given up on you. I will go to a garage and get it sorted. Thanks for nothing
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

try this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL6MnXfFsYM