sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Sprinter 313cdi 2 driving normally edc light came on engine

Customer Question

sprinter 313cdi 2 driving normally edc light came on engine stopped, tried to start engine fans came on nothing else now been in mercedes garage for9 days they cannot find why?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.
There are several reasons why you may be presenting this problem. For example, a problem in the immobilizer causes the engine does not turn on. A problem in the coding of the key also may be another reason. But I suppose that these factors have already been reviewed in the dealership. you may also have a problem in reading the cylinder of the key. If it is defective the vehicle will not turn on. So ,consider that this is an important step to check. If these two previous factors were taken care of. Now, we should check the computer (ECU) to see if it have a damage. So, it's good to test if with another computer (from a friend or one that the garage could have), if the car works the problem is the ECU. You should also be presenting problems in the modules. Maybe due the year, it is difficult for the agency to have these modules and computer to test and rule out the problem. But you can locate one perhaps with a friend or someonewho has a vehicle like yours.
Another problem that your car may be present can be in the engine and in the communication that is coming to the starter system, it is easy to verify it, because we simply read the feed that is coming to the starter.
dear customer, I would like that you indicate me the error codes that the vehicle presents in the scanner tool. it's important to know what errors, it show us.

There is an important factor that you are indicating. The electric fans will turn on when trying to start the car. This can indicate that the temperature sensor is defective which could cause the computer to be in tlimp mode and the vehicle will not turn on. So, You should check this sensor and test with another temperature sensor, to see if the car start on. If we rule out the previous aspects i told you, concerns an internal damage in the motor which nad we need to do another tests like compression test in the cylinders.

Please let me know, how it goes.

Dear Customer, Is your inquire clear or is there anything else i could do for you?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service.
Thank you, ***** *****