sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2003 500SL Auto transmission will not change up especially

Customer Question

2003 500SL
Auto transmission will not change up especially on hills.
gear indicator shows "4"
will change if the accelerator pedal is lifted and pressed again,
is this "limp home " mode?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in Justanswer.com Sorry for any delay.

dear customer, I want to apologize for all the delay I have had, it has been a complicated week. I am available now attentive to your questions and doubts, I am very thankful for your patience to wait.

Dear customer, this can be considered as limp mode but it is really an internal problem on the gearbox may be that the selenoids are stuck and you must release the accelerator/throttle so the box can activate the appropriate solenoid to make the change this is one of the most common cases, when we have problems and we must perform this process on the pedal to release the change.
But dear customer, please would you tell me what mileage the vehicle has? and when was the last time you changed the oil and oil filter of the gearbox ?
Thanks in advance.

Dear Customer, Is your inquire clear or is there anything else i could do for you?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service.
Thank you, ***** *****