sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The control panel is not working, I cant use nav phone or

Customer Question

the control panel is not working, I cant use nav phone or radio from control panel
Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: yes. accidently some coffe was pilled on panel after that it works some times and not other times
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: spilled*
Assistant: What year is your Mercedes?
Customer: 2012
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried any thing yet , but I thing it needs a bit of cleaning inside but I have no idea how to open it
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's all
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. i was absent.

Dear customer, The first thing I see is that a deprogramming could have occurred in the control panel system. This is very common and the solution is very simple. You should only use a diagnostic equipment with the appropriate software to restore the factory data and iin this way the vehicle will work properly in the control panel.

If this procedure does not work, in this case that we must disarm the control panel but to perform this process is prudent to be done by a person with experience in it because the hooks and clips in addition to the connections the console has for the rear part are quite delicate and split one leads to replace the whole piece as these are not sold it one by one or can be easily repaired.

So,I recommend that you first do the programming that I indicated in the beginning.
If it does not work, we disassemble the console and check the wiring and connector looking if they are not melted or corroed because of the accident with the coffee.

have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service and perhaps a tip for expert.
Even after you rate, we can keep in touch to further queries in this chat.
Regards, Sebastian.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok. Did you solve your problem? Is there anything else i could help you? I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform. Thank you very much.​Regards, Sebastian