sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a cls 350 cdi and a message keeps appearing

Customer Question

I have a cls 350 cdi and a message keeps appearing "auxiliary battery malfunction" - can you advise what this means and how serious it is?
Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: There is no leaking that I can see but not tested anything
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2107 cls 350 cdi
Assistant: What year is your Mercedes?
Customer: 2017
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I don't get involved
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. In a moment i am back to you with your answer. Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, it's a pleasure to serve you.
Dirst. Allow me to explain to you the Mercedes that most require electrical power, have an auxiliary battery to help start and help to distribute the electric power, not only has this happened to you, apparently the Mercedes has been presenting a history of problems with the auxiliary battery but it is not necessarily meaning that the battery is defective but there is a relay which for some reason is damaged.
In reality you do not run any risk. It is not that the vehicle is not going to turn it on or go to cut off suddenly.
Simply when you have time proceed to go to the Mercedes dealership or garage to verify how is the state of the auxiliary battery is and if there is any component that is defective in addition to the relays.
This is not expensive and does not require much time.

Have you understood me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service and perhaps a tip for expert.

Even after you rate, we can keep in touch to further queries in this chat.

Regards, Sebastian.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian