sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Getting message drive to workshop without changing gear and

Customer Question

Getting message drive to workshop without changing gear and engine management light has come on and doesn’t go into park sometimes unless switched off?
Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: 2007 s class with 100,000 miles haven’t checked brake switch could it be that?getting power loss on the fault codes various locations was told it might be an ism or something?
Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Mercedes?
Customer: S350 petrol
Assistant: Are you fixing your S350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not myself just trying to work out problem as my garage are struggling a bit was googling message on screen and that seemed to come up a lot.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.

This weekend I was sorting out some personal issues please excuse me Do you still need help?

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still need help
Hello dear customer, thanks for your reply.
First I would like to know a little more about your vehicle I would like to know if you have already replaced the transmission oil and if you have done maintenance to the fuel system and the air intake system.
Also, do you have power losses in your car?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello yes have power losses coming up
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Haven’t changed gearbox oil or done anything to fuel and air intake.
Dear Customer, You have all the symptoms of a lack of maintenance in the transmission, given the mileage you should perform maintenance to it. You have to replaced the transmission oil and its filter, this is the first thing you are going to do. I am sure that here you will find the defect that you have. As a reminder once you have done the job you must reset the vehicle factory data with a diagnostic equipment with the Mercedes software. You do not necessarily go to the dealership. Almost any garage today has multiple brand scanners. That own the software of different brands including Mercedes.
As a final recommendation I can tell you that it is good to perform a maintenance to the fuel system and the air intake system. A good cleaning to both system is a good idea.Have you understood dear customer?