sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have recently brought a c250 CSI on a 62 plate the engine

Customer Question

I have recently brought a c250 CSI on a 62 plate the engine management light has come on 3 times and gone into limp mode I don't do much long distance driving what am I doing wrong
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The light at the bottom which lights up orange looks like an engine symbol the first time I was told it was the dpf filter
Assistant: What year is your C250?
Customer: 62 plate
Assistant: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took the car for a motorway run about 40 miles then took it to my local garage who put a diagnostic on it and cleared the fault was fine after that for about 100 miles driving then happened again and back into limp mode won't go over 300 revs
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just wondering if I am not driving it correctly for this to keep happening thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The car is a ceiling not CSI
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cdi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. i would like to help you.
Can you tell me please the mileage of your car and if you had before the car gets into limp mode any kind of failure?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The car had done 114000 miles with full merecedes services
I have had no problems before this one
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Xi have had the car only 6 weeks and this is the third time this has happened I only appear to do 200-250 miles before it is happening agaib
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could you please reply back

Dear customer Thank you very much for your inquiry and sorry for my delay in communicating with you the time difference affects me and i have some issues to get online.

About your query, this type of problems is normal to happen with the passage of time and given the mileage and that the vehicle has a good route, usually this type of problems is due to an error code that is generating the computer of the vehicle causes the computer to enter into limp mode to protect itself from some failure that is happening due to a reading received in a sensor.

The problem is not the way you drive, because the vehicle is designed to be driven as you wish either quickly through uneven terrain, normal terrains, on highways, or accelerating sharply.

The problem is that we must work the vehicle according to the fault it is presenting, for example, if an error code were to be lit according to a problem in the fuel system, the vehicle will go into limp mode, As a technicians, we mustcorrect the problem that the scanner tells us not only to erase it from the scanner because when you present the problem again, the error code will turn on, therefore the problem will persist.

It is very likely that you just present a maintenance problem, It is normal that with the passage of time these Mercedes begin to present problems in the fuel system or air intake system, I am going to recommend that you first start making a computerized diagnosis to know the error codes, then replace the fuel and air filters, perform the maintenance to the injection pump, the throttle body also produces this kind of problems so I recommend that you to disassemble it and also I made a cleaning with the special liquid (carburator cleaner)

It is very likely that with such maintenance the problem will improve and disappear anyway always begins with the computerized diagnosis.

Do you understand me, dear customer?