CarDoc
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

We have a 2011 C200CDI Blue Efficiency that had a faulty

Hi, we have a 2011 C200CDI Blue Efficiency that had a faulty front right wheel speed sensor, the sensor has been replaced but we are now getting the following fault codes, C111700, C110700, C327100 & C326600, any idea as to the cause?
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: Yes, both front sensors have been checked, the message that comes up is unreasonable data
JA: What is the model of your '11 Mercedes?
Customer: C200CDI Blue Efficiency Automatic
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We've replaced the faulty right sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have an icarsoft MB V1.0 scanner

Thank you for using JA. I am one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

3 of the 4 fault codes point to the sensor that you just replaced. Is your ABS sensor paired with a reluctor ring or magnetic wheel bearing? The codes refer to implausible signal so, the signal from the sensor is incorrect. Also, is the sensor from MB or is it an OEM replacement?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We haven't had the bearing apart, so don't know which type it is, the replacement was OEM I beleive.

Sometimes the ABS sensors from these OEM companies can be bad.

You should be able to tell from the position of the ABS sensor, if it is facing down on the driveshaft, you will have a reluctor ring on the driveshaft. If the sensor is pointing outwards, towards the brake disc, it will be reading the magnetic wheel bearing.

Was there any damage to the sensing surface of the old ABS sensor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No damage to surface and the sensor points outwards to the disc.

You need to inspect the wheel bearing, the inner part of the bearing will be magnetic, which is what the ABS sensor is paired with. Do you have any play in the road wheel? (you will have to lift the wheel off the ground to check for play).

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, After your questions about the sensor we have changed the it for a genuine part and this has now cleared all of the faults, thanks for your input and help.

Glad I could help :) apologies for the delay. Thank you for using JA

CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic