experteer
experteer,
77184159

I would like to ask for your help. I purchased a Mercedes

Hi, I would like to ask for your help. I purchased a Mercedes C350 e, I had a pre-inspection check, which revealed two current issues with the car.The first one is: U301700 - The real-time internal control unit clock has a malfunction.And the second: P06DA00 - The actuation of the valve of the oil pump in the combustion engine has an electrical…The problem with my car is that, when driving on Eco or Comfort mode, it jolts when switching from battery to petrol. It doesn’t happen on the Sport mode. Would you be able to help me?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It starts normally. The problem arises when switching from battery to petrol.
JA: What year is your C350?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your C350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I spotted the problem recently so I haven't tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

You can ignore the U error, it falls into the category "is sometimes there but doesn't matter".

The P error is interesting and probably out of the problem. This error describes a problem with the solenoid valve of the oil pump. This valve controls the oil pressure in the engine. If the oil pressure is not correct, some things do not fit in the engine control (valve lash compensation or camshaft adjustment). This can lead to jerking.

Therefore the workshop should inspect the valve and replace it completely if necessary. The valve is located in the oil pump.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,Thank you very much for your answer, it was very helpful. Would you be able to estimate, what would be the cost of the repair? And if you could recommend any trusted and affordable car mechanic/service in London.Thank you in advance.Kind wishes
Lucas

What´s the VIN of your Car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The work should be carried out by an authorized Mercedes workshop. They should first check if the valve is defective before disassembling.

The valve costs about £ 50, but the work is very expensive, 11.5 hours are given here, because the oil pump must be removed apparently completely to be able to replace the valve. Since the work is quite complicated Mercedes should do this, they also have the appropriate special tools.

The total cost of labour and valve should be around £1100 to £1300. There are also some gaskets that cannot be reused.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is quite expensive indeed... But I guess the repair should be done, I could just drive on Sport mode, but then the petrol consumption is quite high.Thank you for your help!Kind regards
Lucas

You`re welcome