experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a 2001 A160 auto. It starts properly In the morning.

I have a 2001 A160 auto. It starts properly In the morning. Go to the shops and turn off the engine. On return the key will not turn the engine over. Leave it stand for an hour and it starts no problem. Any ideas? Could it be the starter relay?Hugh

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Your suspicion that the starter relay could be the cause is already quite correct. This is where I would start first.

The relay is relay number 3 on the relay box in the engine compartment. Check if the relay (if the engine does not want to start) is supplied with voltage, i.e. if there is current on the control circuit.

If not, it can also be the ignition lock.

If yes, look if the relay switches, if not you have to change it.

If the relay switches through, it is not defective and it must be checked whether Plus arrives on one side and is passed through to the other. If so, check whether the starter motor is supplied with voltage. If not, check the cable.

If so, the starter motor is the cause and must be replaced accordingly.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Michael,
Can you explain what is causing the car not to start after a short run, but to start after waiting for an hour?
Hugh

This may well be connected with the problems I have discussed, first of all it has to be checked whether everything is ok there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You`re welcome