experteer
experteer,
77184159

Question regarding rear brake pad replacement, 2016 C220 D C

Customer Question

Question regarding rear brake pad replacement
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2016 C220 D C class estate W205
JA: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replacing rear brake pads, struggling to get the rear pistons to fully retract manually
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 2.5 years old 25000 miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just to add, I used the phone/ok buttons to access brake pad replacement fitting position.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’m looking for a good tool to use to retract the piston and whether to turn clockwise/anti clockwise
Expert:  experteer replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

So you have already driven the electric handbrake back via the function "Service position", "Removal position"?

If so, the brake pistons only have to be turned back. This is done clockwise. The following reverse rotation sets work for domestic use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FreeTec-22pcs-Professional-Brake-Caliper/dp/B073TX99BN/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2W6FEEFWBZO20&keywords=brake+piston+wind+back+tool&qid=1568174093&quartzVehicle=93-1261&replacementKeywords=brake+piston+back+tool&s=gateway&sprefix=brake+pisto%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-3

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer YourCustomer/p>

Expert:  experteer replied 1 month ago.

Hello?

Please give a rate!