Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I have a 2015 merc sprinter with a turbo fault code po299

Customer Question

hi i have a 2015 merc sprinter with a turbo fault code po299 low boost pressure
i can hear a air leak whilst driving but in workshop i cant get the same as doesn't rev so high its defiantly from right hand side of engine when your standing at the front any common problems ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified technician and will try and help you.

Yes the intercooler is a common problem on the sprinter, it normally splits a the point the intercooler hose enters it at the right hand side when viewed from the front.

This would tie in perfectly with the symptoms you have and would certainly be the first place I would check.

I would also inspect the intercooler pipes carefully.

I hope this helps do please feel free to ask any further questions.

If this does answer your question do please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue.

You can of course ask any further questions even after doing this.

Many Thanks

Steve

Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 1 month ago.

Just a quick follow up to see if you discovered a leak in the intercooler or pipes at all.

Steve