MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

Changed battery yesterday and now unable to reset windows.

Customer Question

Changed battery yesterday and now unable to reset windows. Closed in fully up position. Engine turns over but will not fire
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes not on this
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: R129 2000 SL320
JA: Are you fixing your SL320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnected neg terminal overnight to no avail. checked all fuses and reseated relays
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Central locking now doesn't work with fob but does with key. Alarm not working from fob but lights flash as they should
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Keep trying please
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you have any indicator lit on your dashboard?