mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Mercedes w202 C43AMG 1999. The car has not been used for 3

Customer Question

Mercedes w202 C43AMG 1999. The car has not been used for 3 weeks, kept in garage. The problem today now is there is an continious electronic buzzing sound coming from the boot, car doors are unlocked (boot is locked won't open with emergency key) car will not lock with the fob, insert the key in the ignition and it will not turn?
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Have tried eash of the 2 keys that I have don't think there are worn, gearshift in park, no I can't turn the steering wheel as the steering lock is on.
JA: What is the model of your '99 Mercedes?
Customer: C43 AMG (year 1999)
JA: Are you fixing your C43 AMG yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only tried what I have described above. (I am suspecting the battery although it was only fitted new in Oct 2018)
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer, i do not knowyour warranty terms, so i do not know if your car is still under warranty. The Mercedes warranty is for 2 years or 160k miles.
However, usually the brakes system are not under warranty. It depends as i told you in the warranty terms So, it is very likely that they can cover this problem.
Dear customer, can you open the boot?
Have you checked the relays so far?