mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Mercedes e250 diesel, the car will start from cold

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Mercedes e250 diesel, the car will start from cold no problem in park but as soon as it is put into reverse or drive the engine cuts out. I have changed the transmission fluid and MAF sensor with no difference. If you let the car warm up for 15 minutes its ok all day until the next morning or when it`s gone cold again.
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: As I said I have had the transmission fluid changed!
JA: What year is your E250?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have also had a new OE crank sensor fitted.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.
Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, in addition to all this replacements, have you performed a diagnostic looking for error codes?
If so, could you share the error codes with me please.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, there were no error codes recorded.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no thanks
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the car will run perfectly when warm, it will run for a 400 miles without any problems, it's just from cold it cuts out.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
and only when you move the gear lever into reverse or drive.