sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

CLK270, Turns over but wont start. Already changed all glow

Customer Question

CLK270, Turns over but wont start. Already changed all glow plugs and glow plug control relay - Relivant DTC's were present at the time. Now I have P1664 Electric heater booster positioner siganls fault and P1630 Drive authorization control unit no answer
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 124000 miles, it has struggled with early morning starts for last couple of days. Now turns over but wont fire
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2003 CLK270cdi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will be fixing myself. I havent tried anything yet due to the time. I just searching for possible solutions to try in the morning
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please what diagnostic tool model are you using?
thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Snap on ethos tech.
I have found a gasket split on a unit below the vacuum pump, I'm assuming it's the fuel pump.
I've disconnected the supply to the rail and cranked the engine and fuel only drips out. I then disconnected the output of the fuel filter and turned the ignition on, no fuel was spilled
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, the fuel pump might be the reason, a good way to realize if it is the case is using easy start in the air intake, if the engine does start on, there is the problem.
have you checked in this way already?