sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have got a bad leak on my convertible e250 on the

Customer Question

I have got a bad leak on my convertible e250 on the passenger side when it rains
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: It’s leaking above passenger window onto seat when it is parked up
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing it myself, I have looked at rubbers and they look okay
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.
Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, is it leaking into the seats or the doors as well?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just on passenger seat
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer, I understand your query what happens is that all the edge of the door has a protective rubber, gun, this protective rubber wears down over time and loses the ability to seal the passage of water because this is designed for this.

So, basically your problem is very simple you have to proceed to replace all the rubber that borders the door, but I also need you to check the rubber roof and the rubber windshield as they may be cracked and deserve a replacement as well.

So basically what you should do is check the rubbers and gum and close to where the liquid filtration is taking place.

On the other hand, this convertible model is very low and sometimes we hit the bottom of the vehicle when we pass through terrain and irregular areas then it is good that you also check your vehicle and check if at the bottom you have some kind of blow or breakage that may be causing the leakage in the vehicle. But this is very unlikely because for the description, it has previously has to be broken the lower protective cover.

Have you understood me dear customer?My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!