MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

My left side brake light is pulsating and not fully coming

Customer Question

My left side brake light is pulsating and not fully coming on not the bulb as bulb was changed and the connections are clean with no corrosion
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Topped the brake fluid up two weeks ago no fault coming up on the computer re the brake fluid
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2003 c180 kompressor coupe
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My friend replaced the bulb checked the connections for corrosion and looked at the wiring still no luck
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was fine on Tuesday but put it into the garage on Tuesday and had new rear brake discs and pads fitted and a left side calliper since then light not working properly
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did you check the whole wire loom?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I didnt

Dear customer, but the light does not turn on at all?

Or does the light come on when the vehicle lights are on but does not increase when you press the brake pedal?

Do you have a tester and a pulse tester?