sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Vito639145k Assistant: What is the model of your '06

Customer Question

Vito639(###) ###-####145k
Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Mercedes?
Customer: had black death I chipped away all the debris and got the front to injectors out and replaced seals and bolts one started leaking after 2000 miles now now as intermittent cutting out difficult to start and when trying to start as unusual smell of smoke coming out of exhaust never smell anything like it before
Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: I'm tempted to change the crank sensor since the cam sensor was changed last year
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I bought a diagnostics machine only a cheap one. Not showing any faults but I could be reading it wrong I had it towed Back and was hoping the diagnostics machine they had would give me what I needed unfortunately there's was basic and the guy seemed to think that it would be a blocked fuel sieve
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I removed the tank and pump I like to be told that there is no safe in there are so I put it all back together again and called it a wasted job
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you performed a diagnostic so far looking for erro codes, if so, could you share them with me please?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No codes found but I think it needs a more advanced machine
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm sorry I would love to talk unfortunately I am really poor at the moment due to not working with broken van etc
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can u give me your best diagnosis from experience and the information I have given you?

Dear customer, I understand the problem that you present when making the diagnosis what happens is that your Vito can not be diagnosed through a generic diagnostic equipment is necessary to have a diagnostic equipment with Mercedes software because the range of Mercedes has codes that are specific to the manufacturer and are not recognized through these generic equipment.

This is why you do not get error codes. On the other hand, I see that you have changed the seals of the injectors and you have touched the fuel injection system, I can observe is that very probably you are in the presence of leaking problems in the injection system, these injection systems have to be hermetically sealed, in addition that they can not have any type of air inside the system.
When this works are done in the fuel injection, we must perform a complete purging process of the system to be able to work properly but the vehicle can get to work with faults, so I recommend to bleed the fuel system because it is likely that here is your fault. So, I recommend you to locate a diagnostic equipment with Mercedes software to access the exact error codes.
Also, it is likely that a programming of the injection system has to be done.

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.