Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I keep getting a message on the dash saying stop vehicle

Hi, I keep getting a message on the dash saying stop vehicle leave engine running, which I have done and it temporarily fixes the issue until a few days later
Assistant: How long has this been going on?
Customer: About 4 weeks
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2017 c220d
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Left the vehicle running like it says. It fixes it temporarily
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Than you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

The message you are getting is indicating that the auxiliary battery voltage is too low. As well as the main battery on your Mercedes you have an auxiliary battery which powers the auxiliary components. The problem may be that the auxiliary battery charging system is not working correctly or that the battery has been drained by excessive use of lights when the vehicle is not running, it may also be due to a poor connection.

The auxiliary battery on your Mercedes is under the passengers floor and you should be able to access it by lifting the carpet. I would ensure there is no damp around the connections which may cause poor conductivity.

The vehicle is quite new to need a replacement auxiliary battery and I would check the other possible causes before replacing it.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept you can continue to ask questions on the matter by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for your reply, can I charge the auxiliary battery or does that charge through the main battery?

The battery should charge through the main battery, it may have a poor connection causing the problem. It not easily chargeable using a normal battery charger, being a small sealed unit.

Steve