CarDoc
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have a faulty ecu signal V010087 Assistant: What is the

I have a faulty ecu signal V010087
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mercedes a class 2015 diesel
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Last year
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How much is the repair for this roughly

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Where have you got the "V010087" code from?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Halfords
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They gave me the code

Is this a fault code?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yea I believe so
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
To do with the ecu

The standard fault codes start with the letter P/B/U followed by 4-5 numbers. There is no information relating to that code, this can happen when using cheap code readers.

Do you have any warning lights/messages on the dashboard?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The code I got from my reader
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Engine light is on
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please see picture attached
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
P0470 - Exhaust pressure sensor a circuit

This code is for the exhaust pressure sensor which looks like the one in the picture I have attached.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That’s what I thought but Halfords done a check and said it’s the Ecu which is faulty and that I need to see specialist in electrics ie Mercedes ?

Did halfords actually check the wiring to the sensor? There should be 5v power, ground and a signal which should change with rpm. If they have done their checks and there is a fault on the signal wire then the ECU must be repaired/replaced. Which will be easily £1200+ at a main dealer, an independant garage will be considerably cheaper, probably around £500.

There is a lot of online companies that can repair ECU faults, just type "ecu repairs" in google and there's a whole list of online companies. Repair will obviously be cheaper than replacement, depending on the fault.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much for the information

Welcome :) Hope this helps you out.

I hope I have answered your question, if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please don't forget to leave a 5-star rating. Your rating benefits me and helps me build my reputation. It is also a way to thank me for using my time and expertise to respond to customers. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Definitely helped

Thank you for using JA!