How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CarDoc Your Own Question
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Mercedes
Satisfied Customers: 534
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Type Your Mercedes Question Here...
CarDoc is online now

The panels under the car have a couple of fixings missing

This answer was rated:

The panels under the car have a couple of fixings missing and are causing a slight rattle when I go over bumps. Is it a simple fix or something that mercedes has to do?

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

What type of fixings are currently holding the panel? Are they plastic?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think so

They are most likely to be plastic rivets or "scrivets" which are available online or halfords etc.

CarDoc and other Mercedes Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, thank you for using JA!