Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

Mercedes Benz A 160 Classic Se. my central locking key has

Mercedes Benz A 160 Classic Se B. Hi, my central locking key has gradually stopped working. Now I can’t lock the car. I had the key reprogrammed 11 months age at Auto Wave in Long Eaton at the cost of 120 pounds. Afraid I may have to have it reprogrammed every year as the metal key inside the ignition key doesn’t fit, so in conclusion it must have happed before. What should I do. Pse help. Do I go to Autowave or the Mercedes Showroom Services.
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No
JA: What year is your Classic?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I went back to Autowave thinking it might be the battery but they told me it’s the key and it needs programming again
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, it’s just the problem of not being able to lock the car

Morning the best thing would be to buy a new key rather than getting it re programmed every year.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Do you want a phone call ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Might be a good idea
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No , thank you. Don’t want to pay more

That is fine text is fine.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You say I should rather get a new key. Do I order it from Mercedes garage, how much.

Yes from mercedes you will need to take ID in passport / bill can I have your reg number.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
VN10 xsx

Give me 5 mins to get the costs.

£149 for the fod i would recommend getting a new blade £43.70 and it will come pre programmed all in with VAT £231.24.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you v much. Expensive bu hopefully will last longer than 11 months

Regarding the blade the key has been superseded twice it could be worth just getting the fod and see if your blade fits. if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just one more question, how long should the reprogrammed key have lasted. Could it be the fault of the person who reprogrammed it. Do I have any guarantee with it? I have a receipt, it was done February 2019. Doesn’t mention guarantee but surely at that price it should last longer than 11 months.

In my opinion they should of advised you to replace the key at that point as the cost was not that far apart.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
YesI agree. Any idea about the time the reprogramming should have lasted.

It could of lasted a week or never failed again there is no telling I am afraid.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Also why the blade doesn’t fit? I was charged for key supply, cut and programme
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Should I have asked for a guarantee at that price?

The blade and fob come as separate items like I said the key has been superseded twice.

I have to log out now but I am back online tomorrow if you need me regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Maybe I’ll try the Autowave garage first to appeal to their better nature!, if no success I’ll need to order a fob and blade from Mercedes . Price 250 pounds!