Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

On the 2019 E53 coupe it seems common for front tire

On the 2019 E53 coupe it seems common for front tire crabbing to an unreasonable level. I have been offered winter tyres but will that make much difference ?
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: Ties are relatively new. The problem is common apparently
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your help question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

This is as you have mentioned a common problem which does only affect the right hand drive versions of the vehicle.

The winter tyres will help as the softer sidewall has more give which helps to prevent the skipping affect on the hard lock.

Many customers have not been offered the tyres and so the fact they are offering the tyres is a positive sign.

The downside is that you may still suffer excess tyre wear.

I have attached a document from the ombudsman about a case with an E53 which was upheld, this may help if you ultimately decide that the tyres are not enough to rectify the problem.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept I can continue to answer further questions on the matter by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve