CarDoc
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

1- oil leak it looks like it from the cylinder head n/s/f

Customer Question

1- oil leak it looks like it from the cylinder head n/s/f corner it was replaced head gasket.
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: I removed the inlet manifold replaced gasket and cleaned engine . Still leaking
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: Ml270 cdi 2005 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes lm fixing myself. I just bought it the history is that the head was done.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When driving it drops power on the up hill . Also the is oil in the inter cool hose.it drives well besides all that
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 days ago.

Do you have any warning lights on? Have you checked using a fault code reader, if there are any codes stored?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes the is 2 warning lights
SRS & ESP
Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

The SRS fault won't cause limp mode but the electronic stability program will cause the car to go into limp mode. You will have to get an OBD fault code reader hooked up to the car and see what codes are stored.

As for the leak from the head gasket, did the engine overheat when the head gasket failed?