sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have c250 amg line 2015 and when i shift up the gear from

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have c250 amg line 2015 and when i shift up the gear from p to d or d to p i can hear click noise coming from inside the boot
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It is coming from the gear inside the boot
JA: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i havent done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
when i shift up my gear from drive to reverse when press gas pedal it seems doesnt take quick as it should be. Is it normal or not because i am a new to mercedes.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, in the boot of the Mercedes is the SAM unit, this unit is in charge of the vehicle's electronic systems, there is the one that is producing noise, I would like to know if apart from the noise you have some type of failure or interference or if you simply are you just hearing that click?

Regarding the reverse delay to apply due the year of your Mercedes it is unlikely that you are having transmission failures, most of the reverse gears are slow since the reverse transmission ratios are much lower than the ratio of the first gear, therefore i considered that it is very likely to be normal but since you are not used to Mercedes it is normal that you notice a difference, so do not worry.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your response. Other than the click i dont hear any other noise. No failure warning light or any other unusual noises. So the click sound is normal? Also in relation to the delay when reversing could this have anything to do with transmission fluid? Is it normal for this make and age of the vehicle to have such delay when reversing.

The transmission oil would be a reason, but first, What is the mileage or your Mercedes?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It is 2015 c250 Amg line 76000 mileage. I just wondering if the same model of Mercedes has the same issue as manufactured as my car or is there any problem on automatic transmission.

Dear customer, the car should have had already its first transmission maintenance. Therefore, it is good that at this time you do the replacement of the transmission filter oil, when maintenance is not done in time, certain failures may occur as a problem in the start in this case the reverse can delay a bit, therefore it may not be normal that small delay but simply that the oil no longer has a good viscosity therefore there is a delay in the response of the reverse selenoid.

On the other hand, the sound if can be normal there are some SAM units that are a bit noisy. Anyway, it is good to see if in the SAM unit, one of its relays or fuses is clicking when activating P or D.

Do you understand me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Regards, Sebastian.