R Gordon
R Gordon,
Experience:  Mechanic at RAC Motoring Services
105703225

Front passenger head rest will not travel fully down.

Customer Question

Front passenger head rest will not travel fully down. However when you pull seat latch to allow entry for rear passenger it does go fully down. Is there s reset?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 W209 CLK 320
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Forums have said to travel seat full range forward and backward, no change on my car, I have trired to see if this is a memory setting, no joy there either.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that is it, thanks.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  R Gordon replied 17 days ago.

Normally hold the headrest button for 10 seconds in both directions even after it has stopped to relearn the travel

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks for that, unfortunately did not work still remains almost fully up.
Any other ideas?
Thanks Phil.
Expert:  R Gordon replied 16 days ago.

Try a battery reset , Disconnect the battery for 20 mins then try to relearn the headrest by holding the buttons 10 seconds each direction

you might have to relearn the electric windows in the same way once you reconnect the battery

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks again, no joy, still looks like I have a horse for a passenger.Cheers Phil.