MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I need to remove 2 centre air vents on my 2014 Mercedes C220

Customer Question

Hi I need to remove 2 centre air vents on my 2014 Mercedes C220 W205. I have the hook cluster tools and put them in the slots in the air vent and pull but nothing happens. I'm worried I might damage the car. Am I doing this right?
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 67000 miles on the car i just bought the car and one of the air vents is damaged so I have a replacement but can't get the old one out
JA: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I'm trying myself I've got 2 hook cluster tools and inserted them in the air vent into the 2 holes insied and tried pulling as advised by turorials but nothings happening
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I’ll wait
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, i would like to see watch what you hava done so far, could you please share a picture with me please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I’ve not done anything at the moment

If you could please take a picture of the vents to abserve them better would be helpful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
File attached (32T5S4S)