MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have a problem with the roof starting procedure. When

Customer Question

I have a problem with the roof starting procedure . When closing the boot cover lurches forward and the roof catches do not line up with the boot cover , after manually closing it will not re-open. It will open then ok but again it will not complete the closing procedure. Help .
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes. No power issues. Have just replaced a split pipe.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: E350 cabriolet. 2010
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Got stuck with this issue. Replaced electrical switch on nearside of boot cover fixing. Just bought car with roof not working supposedly with just a split hydrolic pipe.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think thats all I can say.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still needing help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try to clarify my problem. The roof does nothing at first. I manually release the hood cover then the roof operates perfectly to open. It returns with no problem until the final stage. The boor cover drops forward about an inch before the roof can engage into the slots. From this stage I have to complete the operation manually.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

HAve you done a diagnostic so far?
If so, do you have any error codes?