experteer
experteer,
77184159

I own a 2015 C200. An orange warning indicator has on three

I own a 2015 C200. An orange warning indicator has on three separate occasions, including currently, lit up. On the first two occasions it was diagnosed as the nitrous oxide sensor. I spent a fortune via the Mercedes agent, replacing the sensor the first time ( the car was two,weeks out of warranty! ). I spent £ 25 at a local garage the second time having the sensor plug cleaned of corrosion instead of replacing it. I’m now on the third time around ( there’s at least a year gap between each warning light ) with this problem, which seems to be the sensor is shorting out because the plug keeps becoming corroded. Is this a design problem and/or how can it be permanently rectified?

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

No, a construction problem is not known here.

It may well be that the connector on the wiring harness side is defective or leaking. There are two possibilities to solve the problem. Either you or the garage can get a suitable plug from a used wiring harness (from a car from the car recycling company) or the entire wiring harness would have to be replaced.

Since the wiring harness is very expensive, replacing the plug would be the preferred option.

I think from your description that the plug either does not seal properly in the front where it is plugged together, or very likely from the back where the cable goes in. There the cable is equipped with a round rubber seal just before the contacts. If this seal is not correctly seated or was damaged during installation in the factory, water will always come through here.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

experteer,
Experience: