MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have a 2014 Sprinter 319. The rear camera is broken off.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2014 Sprinter 319. The rear camera is broken off. My local mercedes garage is quoting nearly £900 to replace (£550 for the camera +VAT and £200 labour +VAT. Are there any cheaper generic alternatives that will work and are easy to install?
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I would like to do it myself. I hvan't done anything on it yet There are preset holes that are threaded so I'd like to use the same ones I tried to see from the inside where the wiring comes to so I caould check it's ok but I couldn't figure out how to see inside abovve the door frame where the wiring must be
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I recently bought the van and it came to me with the camera completely removed from the roof. Fuses all seem fine
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's the only issue By the way... this is a fantastic servive :)
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
basically here's what I'm looking for...
1) How do I access the area above the door frame to check existing wiring?
2) Can you recommend a cheaper generic alternative camera that will work?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.
Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.Dear customer, do you want to locate a cheaper garage or a cheaper camera?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for the reply but I’ve already sorted the issue

Thanks for letting me know if there is anything else i could do for you let me know.
Kind regards.