Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I have a 2000 230 silk kompressor which will start fine when

Hi there, I have a 2000 230 silk kompressor which will start fine when cold (she is garaged and I live in Weymouth, England) but if I should go to shops or gym or whatever, half and hour later she does not want to start. New battery and various other bits, will look up in a mo, but despairing as have spent quite a bit of money and she still cannot be trusted!
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Brand new battery fitted and assume my mechanic would have tested that. This first happend last Oct. I had had a knee operation and did not drive for 6 weeks so car only used a coujple of times by my son. This has happened again now it is not being used much
JA: What is the model of your '00 Mercedes?
Customer: 230 silk kompressor
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No.... female and not a clue! Just looking it all up. New battery and Faulty air mass metre
Fuel filter and fuel pump
and still looking up what else was done
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Relay ma1705450206 cleaned and reprogrammed throttle hosing

Morning my name is ***** ***** regular does this non start issue happen.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi . My car starts fine first thing (she is garaged) but if I drive to shops etc and leave her for 30 + mins, I have trouble starting her. The engine appears to turn but as soon as I move her into drive she cuts out. Sometimes takes 30 mins to finally get going

Do any warning lights come on.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No warning lights
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Were you given the list of items that have been replaced?

Yes i have everything does it have the issue every time you use it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
She will start first thing in the morning...... and starts fine. Is is later.... she tries to start but the revs do not sound even and when I move the gear from park to dive she starts to move, falters and cuts out

What sort of garage are you using.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
A mercedes mechanic with his own garage and when he was away, a bmw mechanic with his own garage

Do you know if it is putting any trouble codes in the ECU.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will find out shortly, it has had the Hot Air Mass Metre and a second hand throttle body replaced

Yes find out for me no panic just get back to me on this thread.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
there were trouble codes in the ECU and the plan is to send that off to be checked - wiring has all been checked out. Googling it, I see that this seems to be quite a problem is this make of car - especially as she is not exactly a spring chicken!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also wondered if you have any other suggestions please

Mercedes Modules / wiring are an issue around the 2000 era was not a good for MB. Could be worth replacing the crankshaft sensor due to breaking down when worm.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Cheers ***** ***** pass that on

No problem keep me posted.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Will do. Again thanks. Lin

If you need me my mobile number is ***** 393369 regards Gavin.