sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2017 Benz V class Van. 220D, I am trying to fix myself,

Customer Question

Hello Good Evening
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2017 Benz V class Van. 220D
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to fix myself, having problems with sliding door
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ask from the Mechanic that the right side Sliding door is not locking automatically
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will wait, please try to find an answer soon
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 10 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** your answer
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, if the sliding door when closing does not lock, it surely is a problem in the lock system, the lock system of this Mercedes is very simple, it is simply a hook on the door that fits another hook on the body, as well that the failure can be in 1 of these two factors.

The first one can be a problem in the bodywork hook, it is very easy to verify it because it is right where the door closes, it is a hook that sometimes cannot fit well or keep its position when closing the doors

Second is that the door lock system, that is, the door hook has a problem, due to both opening and closing the door and the door cannot make the lock hook open and close normally, therefore the door does not finish closing.

These systems are not easy to verify but I recommend you to not necessarily go to a Mercedes dealership. Any auto locksmith works with this locksmith system and can do the job at a lower cost than it can cost you in the dealership.
In the worst cases, the lock system is replaced.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advise i can, therefore please do not doubt to ask if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.