sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My sl500 roof is not working boot partially stuck not

Customer Question

My sl500 roof is not working boot partially stuck not closed
JA: What year is your SL500?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried to open and close on switch does not work
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, i understand the problem that you present, there are several revisions that have to be made because this kind of problem can be due to several factors.

First, it is advisable to start checking the fuses that are under the dashboard because these fuses, any alteration in the electrical voltage can cause a certain fuse to burn, this makes the central locking systems not work correctly, in this case the power is being affected in the roof and trunk, so it is advisable to check it in the first instance since this is the most common thing that can affect these electrical systems

Second, the wiring . The wiring can generally suffer certain problems due to the accumulated moisture that causes corrosion causing interference in the signals and the electrical systems to not work correctly as both systems are related to the central locking system, it is recommended to check these wiring.

Third, it can become a little more worrying because it would be a failure in the central locking module, the central locking module as indicated is the one that receives the signal and sends it to the solenoid systems so it opens or closes correctly. The security systems not only work with the selenoids but also send the signals to the electric motors in charge of opening and closing, so it is advisable to verify it with a diagnostic equipment with Mercedes software such as an Mb Star equipment.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
Please let me know if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.