sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Thank You ,,Sclass W222 has developed really harsh ride

Customer Question

Thank You ,,Sclass W222 has developed really harsh ride ,serviced by MB ,done 53000 ..Had a Suspension Control unit fitted but MB cannot accept there is a problem .Naturally in "Comfort" setting ,switching to Sport makes ride harsher Any clues please Doctor
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: Def no fluid
JA: What year is your S-Class?
Customer: Jan 14 --It was bought /serviced Marshall Mercedes Bolton
JA: Are you fixing your S-Class yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I sent into Bolton as ride got harsher , found slight wear on a steering bush and Visual check reporting Tyres 50% worn ..Had the suspension control unit fitted 2000 miles ago when dash light appeared
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats about it thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Apologies if impatience appeared. Not intended , just not familiar with routine. Please obtain me an answer
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, there are several factors that can affect this system. What happens is that it is always complicated in these comfort systems to reach an agreement with the dealership, because you may feel that the vehicle is not working as the suspension should, but at the end the dealership is the one that will make the decision whether or not the vehicle is actually presenting problems.
Because the technicians are only going to limit themselves to computerized diagnostics and driving tests.

I imagine that you have the factory suspension system, there are adaptable systems that are installed to improve driving but what seems strange to me is that it was after the installation of the module, this makes me think that it has problems with the electronic configuration, that is, there are problems in the configuration of the sport mode, which makes the vehicle not working correctly

Do you understand me, dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advise i can, therefore please do not doubt to ask if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sebastian First class answer---Because I have driven the car from new ,I know how it should drive ,but every small indent in the road is resonated through the vehicle...the car is unmodified --original equipment --I also have ten year old W221 S which behaves perfectly ...I understood that the W222 has Magic Ride giving soft comfortable journey. Is the system adjustable electronically either incar or Dealership ....my dealership is only interested in £££ and already paid for diagnostic on this problem without success .. hope this helps Regards ***** ***** You Jim

Sorry for the delay dear customer. I do not understand sometimes this politics fro mthe dealerships with some customers to lend the cars.
Indeed, it is a fully electronic configured system, we can configure many aspects through the electronic modules, but it has to be done through the dealer tool.
The only thing that you can adjust through the car setting are the different comfort systems.