Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I have an e class merc 2015 and the rear tailgate will not

Customer Question

I have an e class merc 2015 and the rear tailgate will not close, prior to this when opening it it clicked several times before releasing the tailgate
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It comes from inside the tailgate
JA: What is the model of your '15 Mercedes?
Customer: E300 bluetech
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing which is why I am asking you!
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i can remove trim to access lock switch but is that the problem? i read on a forum that the clicking prior to opening annd occasional failure to close is due to the hinges needing oil. is this true?
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 7 days ago.

Morning is it an electric self closing tailgate or standard manual.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Electric. When I help the tailgate to open it does not click so maybe it is the hinges that need lubrication, although it seems a bit agricultural.

How does the motor sound like.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Motor is fine it is just the clicking of the lock prior to opening that is the problem. I am out later today so I may not be able to reply to your questions.
Jonahan

No problem can I have the reg number before you go.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
FX15LTN

Thank you i will be back with you just reply when it suits you no rush regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok off now
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Gavin, Am back now
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 6 days ago.

Get the hinges lubricated first.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Gavin, Will keep oiling. Certainly if you give the tailgate a help the latch does not click although it does seem a strange problem! We will see.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
have lubricated hinges but makes no difference, the tailgate seems free when rocked. i am leaning towards a new locking mechanism?
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 5 days ago.

Is there any Bosch approved independent garages near you http://www.boschcarservice.com as MB dealer will charge a fortune.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Why Bosch? If it is the boot latch I can replace it easily. Would a diagnostic check isolate the problem? I dont think it's the solenoid as it is pulling the switch OK but I may be wrong. Thanks for your patience anyway!

Just a Bosch independent is a reliable trustworthy garages that i can recommend for customers so they do not get ripped off.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK