Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I hope you can help, or advise me, with a problem I have

Hi, I hope you can help, or advise me, with a problem I have with rear wiper not working.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: power was getting to the motor, and faulty motor was diagnosed, but now there is no power. Faulty relay, but having switched to try a different one, all I get is the rear wiper symbol flash up on the dashboard very briefly evry 5 seconds or so
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2009 S211
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My stepson is an experienced former vehicle technician at Ford, but now works at JLR
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am very slow at typing and not overly mechanically minded
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good day

My name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in trade hopefully I can help.

As the wiper motor has been replaced but no power is now reaching it, the two most likely problems are either the loom between the rear door and the body or the boot closure module.

The short loom between the body and the hatch may have a fractured wire, this is quite common and the wire should be checked for any damage.

The boot closure module controls the power to the rear wiper motor and if this has failed then it would explain why the wiper is not operating, the module is located to the n/s rear of the load area.

It may be necessary to check the system using the Mercedes STAR diagnostic system, this would pip point the problem.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

Steve