CarDoc
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I bought a second hand 2019 January Mercedes C200 AMG-line

Hi. I bought a second hand 2019 January Mercedes C200 AMG-line 1.5 Petrol Automatic Estate. I was sold it saying it had Apple Car Play. It didn't work when I plugged in my phone so it went to the Mercedes mechanics today. They say the car didn't have it factory fitted so it isn't available. Is there any way to retrofit it? Thanks.
JA: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?
Customer: Sorry don't think that reply was for my question about Apple Carplay. Are you able to help please? Many thanks
JA: What is the model of your '19 Mercedes?
Customer: I put it in the question - C200 AMG-line 1.5 petrol. Do you need more info?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried everything (cable connection, wifi connection). That didn't work so it went to our local Mercedes dealer and they upgraded all the software. They then looked up the car number and it said it didn't have Apple Carplay factory fitted.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just really keen to see if I can get it working. Thanks

Hello, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your car, I will do my best to help you today.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Great, thank you.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No I don't want to incur further cost. I just want to know whether or not I can get Apple Carply on my car. It's meant to have it. It talks about it in the manual but our local Mercedes dealer is saying that it wasn't added as a factory option when the car was first ordered. They've looked up the Chassis number. I just want to know if there is a way it can be retrofitted please?

If your car didn't have it factory fitted, you can buy retrofit kits online. The kits range between £250-£400 and are available on various websites and on ebay.

I hope this helps.

This WEBSITE sells a plug+play module for Carplay and Android. There is also a video of it in action.

I hope this information helps you. Thank you for visiting JustAnswer