MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

How to release steering lock without battery power W204 C63

Customer Question

How to release steering lock without battery power W204 C63 2009
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Ignition module failed! no poew to ingition but battery OK
JA: What is the model of your '09 Mercedes?
Customer: W204 C63
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No going to Mercedes, but have to recover on truck
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just have to steer onto breakdown truck
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Please excuse the waiting time.

It is not possible to deactivate the steering wheel lock without power, you would have to break open the module and crack the steering wheel lock. But this is not really effective and expensive.

In such cases, the only solution is to use so-called wheel dollies, i.e. trolleys which are pushed against the wheel and then tensioned too tightly, thereby lifting the wheel and making the trolley rollable.

I'm sorry I can't give you better news, but the wheel lock cannot be bypassed, as it was designed to be difficult to open.

Here is a picture of a wheel dolly