sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2010 Mercedes R class. While driving the radio and

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Mercedes R class. While driving the radio and satnav cut out and restarted 10 secs later.
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: As I got home and took the key out all electrical power disappeared for 15 minutes and then came back. All satnav and radio are factory fitted originals. Robert
JA: What is the model of your '10 Mercedes?
Customer: R350 DIESELCDI 4Matic
JA: Are you fixing your R350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I have done is Change the key battery just now I a m not that capable so what could it be?
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, I understand the problem and i regretted these inconveniences in the central console system, there are several aspects that can cause these factory reset in the equipment, the main ones are problems at the level of the wiring or in the fuses that cause the equipment completely lose power, this is when these factory data resets are performed and the equipment is left with the original settings.

To avoid this to happen again there are several aspects that I recommend you check, starting with the fuses that are under the dash and since you could be having problems at the level of the fuses, perhaps the fuse in the center console is loose and this causes the disconnection.
But if the fuses are correct, it is recommended to check the rear wiring of the console to see that you do not have any damaged or loose, especially the connections.

If this problem keeps recurring very often, I am concerned that there may be damage to the electronic board of the equipment, when there is damage to the electronic board of the equipment, it is recommended to replace the equipment, so these reviews have to be done very well but hopefully not, i think is not the case and that the verification of the fuses and wiring will correct the problem.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.