MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

How do i change the headlights to european on a 2015

Customer Question

how do i change the headlights to european on a 2015 Mercedes S class
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I want to convert them from the UK to European, there's nothing wrong with them
JA: What is the model of your '15 Mercedes?
Customer: S350 L SE LINE BLUETEC AUTO
JA: Are you fixing your S350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have moved to Spain and i am matriculating the car onto Spanish plates so I need to change the settings on the lights to Europe
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Unfortunately, there is no adjustment possibility for the Scheiwnerfer to change it completely from left-hand traffic to right-hand traffic.

On some models it is possible to switch on a travel mode, but this only moves the light a little bit down to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic. For a conversion that passes the approval procedure for the registration of the vehicle in Spain, the headlights must be changed.

Headlights for right-hand traffic must be installed. The reflector or the projector inside is then a different one, only this way the light cone is created as it is necessary for right-hand traffic.

For reasons of cost I recommend to exchange them with used parts. There are also companies which can convert the headlights. They remove the headlamps, send them in and the company then converts them to right-hand traffic. Such companies can be found via Google. But I cannot say anything about the quality of the work, because I have not used this service yet.