MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

I have merc 2.80 cdi auto 2008, the problem is when I put

Hi there, I have merc 2.80 cdi auto 2008, the problem is when I put into reverse, parking and when im slowdown to turn it vibrates, pls help thank you.
JA: Are you fixing your 80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thnx

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
i'll wait thank you.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

Please excuse the waiting time, due to a high number of questions there are currently delays.

What exactly starts to vibrate when you slow down while driving backwards? The steering wheel, the pedals, or the vehicle itself?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
When i start the car it vibrates and also when i put into reverse, its not the exhaust, gearbox or engine coz i had it checked.

Thank you, ***** ***** a gear is engaged and the car is moving slowly, or just before starting?

Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.

Its auto when i start the car also parking it vibrates

Okay, thanks a lot.

Since the engine has already been checked, I think, based on your description, that it could be a problem with the clutch or the converter on your automatic transmission. An unintentional power transmission then leads to the described vibrations.

This often occurs when the transmission oil has already aged a little bit. The oil changes its properties with age and is then no longer as stable as fresh oil. However, the transmission is completely electro hydraulically controlled inside. A lower quality of oil has negative effects, such as vibrations, jerking when starting up, ungentle shifting or searching for equipment.

Therefore, the transmission oil should be renewed. In about 90% of the cases this leads to success.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you for your help.

You´re welcome, have a nice evening.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

Hi there after the work done and then I gave you rate thnx

Good morning, unfortunately I was not online yesterday

This is completely ok, the requests do not come from me, but the system sends them after a certain time. So no reason to hurry :-)

Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi there, transmission fluid has changed, I paid 250 pounds unfortunately still vibrates pls let me know the next step to do thnx

As already mentioned, the workshop should now check the clutch of the car. If the problem persists the gearbox must be removed, the clutch replaced and if the problem persists the gearbox must be replaced.

MichaelUK, Technician
Experience: Technician