sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2014 w218, My 2014 w218 passenger side wing mirror doesn't

Customer Question

Hi,2014 w218
JA: What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?
Customer: Hi there,My 2014 w218 passenger side wing mirror doesn't fold since this morning. can you give me any advice please?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If I can fix it myself I will. I've tried switching the mirrors off in the menu
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
2014 MB CLS 2.1diesel. 75,000km on the clock. Left side door mirror stopped folding this morning.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
2014 MB CLS 2.1diesel coupe, 75,000km on the clock. Left side door mirror stopped folding this morning. Can you help me please?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don't want to call, please. I would just like to email. Thank you.

Dear customer, the most common thing is that the fuse of the mirror motor burns, so what I recommend you is to check the state of the fuses located under the dashboard since here are located the fuses in charge of the vehicle's electrical system.

Telling you exactly what the fuse is is a bit complicated but the advantage is that when you remove the fuse cover you will find a legend here where you will find the exact location of the rear view mirrors also the user manual has this legend with which you can you guide.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. However, is there a separate fuse for each mirror because the driver's side mirror folds as normal.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer, there are models that have both fuses, for both the left and the right, otherwise the mirror motor has surely stopped working and must be replaced.
Not without first checking the continuity of the electrical energy in the connector with a multimeter current tester

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. I am closing my enquiry and this thread.

Its been my pleasure to help you, Dear customer.