sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Iv wrapped my mercedes c220 w204, iv puted back handles and

Customer Question

Hi iv wrapped my mercedes c220 w204, iv puted back handles and locked car, after that i cant open any doors neither from inside or outside, i think i have squished some cables, is there i way how to make doors to open? As i took out glovebox and i can get to ps front door cables.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 120, and no
JA: What year is your C220?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, everything i know
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi that didn answer my question...
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, when you move the central locking system from the keyfob do you feel that the solenoid of the door operates?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When i lock it and unlock it all pins move up and down just fine, before i locked it i cod close and open doors without problems but once i locked it its impossible to open doors anymoore we have a had this issue before and electric fixed it in no time, he was taking trim pieces off ps footwell but we are bot sure what he exactly done in there, so im hoping to find someone who knows this trick

Dear customer the problem that I observe is at the level of the lock, that is at a mechanical level, I do not see that it is something at an electrical level because the selenoids are opening and lowering, dear customer I do not know how you performed the installation of the lock but you will have to use the space between the door and the glass to insert some special clamps that are used to open vehicles with these pieces we put the lock system to open the door and you will have to disassemble the handle lock again to verify what is that you have left wrong, surely the handle was not properly connected to the door lock and that is why when you try to move the handle both inside or outside the lock does not lift to open.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there any chance you can sharr how tgis tool look like?

This is a kit that is sold, it has all the clamps and tools used to open the vehicles, the long clamps are the ones that are inserted through the edge of the window.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We had this issue beforr with other car and electrcian took off some trims on ps footwell, is there some way to disconnect doors throught there
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

I would not know what he did, dear customer, because those are locksmith jobs more than mechanics, so what I do is with that kit that we have in the workshops.